|A flyer from a 2010 vigil for gay teens who committed suicide|
- Reports of anti-LGBTQH hate violence increased by 13% from 2009 to 2010
- Anti-LGBTQH murders increased 23% from 2009 (22 murders) to 2010 (27 murders), the second highest amount in a decade
- LGBTQH people of color were disproportionately impacted by murder. LGBTQH people of color comprised 70% of all LGBTQH murder victims in 2010 but only represented 55% of total reports
- Transgender women were disproportionately impacted by murder. 44% of LGBTQH murder victims were transgender women, yet only 11% of total reports came from transgender women.
- 50.1% of survivors did not report to the police.
- 53% of hate violence occurs in a private residence or on the street.
- White people were the highest proportion of hate violence offenders.